Cookies are bits of info stored in your web browser and help create a personalized experience for you.
We use both session and persistent cookies to:
- allow the website to function
- provide analytics
- keep track of your preferences
- deliver marketing messages that interest you
Essential cookies help:
- Prevent fraud
- Make sure you are who you say you are
It's also Southen Girl Soapery policy to eat delicious homemade cookies, like these...
Southern Girl Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 4 oz. butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/3 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 oz milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In mixer bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and molasses until smooth and creamy. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
- Add dry mixture to wet and beat until combined. Add chocolate and nuts. Stir gently until additions are evenly distributed.
- Tightly cover dough and let chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto parchment, spaced evenly. Slightly and evenly flatten
- Bake cookies about 10 minutes, rotating tray if needed. Lightly tap each cookie with a flat spatula and cook for two to three more minutes.
- Side parchment off cookie sheet to allow cookies to cool.